Xiidra® (lifitegrast ophthalmic solution) 5% is indicated for the treatment of signs and
symptoms of dry eye disease (DED).
Important Safety Information
- Xiidra is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to lifitegrast or to any of the
- In clinical trials, the most common adverse reactions reported in 5-25% of patients were
instillation site irritation, dysgeusia and reduced visual acuity. Other adverse reactions reported
in 1% to 5% of the patients were blurred vision, conjunctival hyperemia, eye irritation, headache, increased
lacrimation, eye discharge, eye discomfort, eye pruritus and sinusitis.
- To avoid the potential for eye injury or contamination of the solution, patients should not touch
the tip of the single-use container to their eye or to any surface.
- Contact lenses should be removed prior to the administration of Xiidra and may be reinserted 15
minutes following administration.
- Safety and efficacy in pediatric patients below the age of 17 years have not been established.
Click here for Full Prescribing Information.